DataCan Services Corp is looking for an energetic, motivated, results-oriented Accountant to become a full-time part of our team in Red Deer, Alberta.
This position is responsible for heading the finance department and reporting directly to Senior Management. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas.
The successful applicant will have basic business knowledge, thorough understanding of accounting principles and will have prior experience with tax issues. Experience with cross border accounting is an asset.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare accurate, timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest company as required
• Conduct monthly and quarterly account reconciliations to ensure accurate reporting and ledger maintenance
• Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and other issues that should be brought to Senior Management attention
• Review all inter-company transactions and generate invoices as necessary
• Reconcile balance sheet accounts
• Conduct regular ledger maintenance
• Provide accounting support for Canadian and US operations
• Assist with tax audits and tax returns
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
• Liaise with other departments to improve financial procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
• CPA designation or equivalent
• Minimum of 5+ years’ experience in general or tax accounting
• Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
• In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Familiarity with full cycle accounting and financial accounting statements
• Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
• Strong computer skills, especially is MS Windows 10
• Working knowledge of ERP systems and computer programs, specifically, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Ability to read and write English, follow verbal and written instructions and use simple math
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Solid understanding of health and safety regulations
Employees are expected to comply with all safety and regulatory requirements, as well as all policies of DataCan Services Corp.
This job and all interviews will take place at DataCan’s main office in Red Deer, AB.
Please forward your resume and cover letter, mentioning where you saw this posting in your cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The information collected through the recruiting process is used for hiring purposes only.
Resumes will be kept on file for a period of six months, after which time they will be destroyed.